Tom Allen, co-worker of MIT, has been doing research on the work and collaboration of remote teams for more than 20 years. Data indicate that when people are more than 50 feet apart from each other, their likelihood of collaborating more than once a week is less than 10%.
REMOTE TEAMS ARE TRULY THE WAY OF THE FUTURE. Today, organizations are becoming global and making way for individuals from different cities, countries and continents to work with each other. This ‘virtual distance’ brings in a new set of challenges for leaders to direct their teams. A change like this brings in a need for a new way to communicate using new type of technology guided by new systems and processes. And all of the above has to be attained keeping in mind the cultural differences within the team.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRAINING SPECIAL is that it was born in a multicultural remote environment. This gives the training program a good flavor of the east as well as the west. What makes this training effective is that it was born as a result of interactions with people who are actually managing remote teams: we interviewed six individuals from diverse fields who introduced us to this subject with their own experiences, practical advices, their challenges, and their best practices. The course walks through the challenges of “being remote” systematically with practical tips and best practices from people leadership aspects to useful management processes.
By the end of the program participants will be able to overcome the lack of physical meetings, create an effective way of collaborating through processes, technology and communication norms, and become the real and motivating leaders of their remote team
Potential follow-up courses
- Multicultural Communication
- Team Sociomapping diagnosis and workshop
- On-the-job coaching through webinars
- „During the year 2010 ING Pension funding organized a series of trainings for a part of its employees and agents. Our only partner in this project was Develor Bulgaria. ... My impressions with Develor are from our joint work on the preparation of the program application documents, setting up training goals, their realization and the finalization of the project. Our initial expectations changed during the process of needs analysis. Our Develor partners extremely skilfully expanded our horizons and managed to mark specific areas where we should focus our efforts. Trainings were focused on practice and diversity of situational modules. They were delivered by three Develor trainers. Except for my excellent impressions by Todor Todorov, I can confirm my colleagues’ high appraisals for the other trainers. We still discuss the Insights profiles which every participant received even a year after the training. I would like to express my high appraisal for the entire project and for [how they] managed to help us see more clearly our boundaries on specific elements which to put on their right place, and most of all for that today we have the knowledge how to manage our sales and expectations.”
- "The assignment was about to attain the Customer Satisfaction Survey; screening 90 companies, from 18 countries in 10 languages; and to prepare valuable feedback analysing both qualitative and quantitative. Develor is used to run surveys measuring the Satisfaction, Engagement, Motivation or Retention levels. Therefore, we felt it had the necessary capacity and knowhow to meet our expectations. In their proposal, the following items were very important and attractive to Lexmark: 1. Timely delivery, 2. Professional pricing, 3. Enhanced technology approach, 4. One single contact for all languages. … Having closed the project Lexmark can conclude that Develor has performed according to the expectation. The project was managed well; the short time was kept all along the project. … We would gladly recommend them for Satisfaction Monitoring Survey. Meanwhile Lexmark has even begun to cooperate with Develor on other areas in training & consultancy."
- “We have chosenDevelor in order to secure development of our training specialists, lecturers and development managers, whom we wanted to develop their skills like identification of training needs, preparation of development activities, and assessment of development impacts and implementation of assessment results in practice. Our primary aim was to secure the best possible efficiency of human resources training and thus support the strategy of our organization. We have expected that after attending the training our colleagues will be able to play the role of consultants better and that they will cooperate with our internal clients effectively. … One part of the program was implementation of internal projects within the VÚB group for various target groups, during which our training specialists had an opportunity to consult their methods with the trainer. The training conducted in this manner secured a more consistent impact of the development than would have been secured by the mere training. The trainer focused not only on mediating new pieces of knowledge and competences but also on transferring these new skills into practice. We perceive cooperation with Develor as highly professional and recommend it for acquisition of systematic and permanent impact on development of employees and managers.”
- "The Matra Power Plant has contracted Develor Consulting Ltd. in the spring of 2012 for the development and delivery of a comprehensive training concept for both top and mid level managers, for altogether 2300 employees. Strengthening workplace safety and shaping a safety conscious attitude have been set as objectives, in accordance with the guidelines and recommendations of the RWE AG headquarters. Develor Consulting has submitted a proposal based on a completely new approach, emphasizing interactivity and involvement. This attractive offer with its novel suggestion for achieving behavioral and attitude change has preceded all its competitors in every aspect. The 105 days training program has been delivered in 26 days by a team of experienced and professionally qualified team of 5 trainers, exceeding each of their strict propositions to the satisfaction of each employee and manager. During the course of the four-hour intensive and efficient training programs they engraved such symbols in the minds of our employees that have immediately been integrated into their everyday work... Ou Company is completely satisfied with the development and delivery of the training program. Our partner, Develor and its staff have fully complied with their plans."
- "On the basis of our now two-year long relationship with Develor, I would describe the company using the following two attributes: professionalism and partnership. Professionalism: well-prepared and credible trainers offering excellent support in arranging various events. Partnership: Joint cooperation in specifying the necessary steps to be taken."
- "We have been collaborating with Develor on the continuing education of employees within the Business Unit Oncology since 2008. We started with an Insights project for managers, followed by all employees in the office and finally the whole sales team (2009). Our mutual collaboration continued with members of the sales team in 2010 in “Negotiating with difficult clients” followed by the screening of communication channels, habits and inter-team cooperation called “Team Sociomapping” in 2011 (all were included who come into mutual contact, including the office staff). Throughout the time of our collaboration Develor has been a very responsive company both in the organisation and implementing of training. Our team is very diverse, including people of various ages, experience, education, personality and having behind them a range of different types of training in their professional careers. The Develor trainers were and are able to adapt to this diversely composed team and can capture, integrate and maintain their interest. The last-mentioned project, Team Sociomapping, showed us another viewpoint of the situation in individual teams, inter-team cooperation and the level of communication between people positioned outside the firmly created teams. We were very satisfied with the training and it captivated us so much that next year we would like to undertake this training once more so that we are able to assess the progress of individual teams and at the same time the Business Unit Oncology as a whole one year on."