Conflicts, unless appropriately managed, may have dangerous consequences, which ruin staff relationships, creativity and productivity, and even waste financial resources. Conflicts cannot be avoided, but it is up to us whether we allow them to adversely affect relationships or we use them as a catalyst to clear a path for change.
The key to this is a deeper understanding of the nature of conflicts, and being able to use a sound repertoire of effective conflict resolution strategies and techniques. This is what our programme offers and thus will allow the participants to remain calmer and more solution-focused, even in emotionally charged conflict situations, to lead the problem solving discussions to success.
Through the programme, company’s participants will understand the causes and types of conflicts and will learn about potential and expedient styles to resolve them. The course is highly practice-oriented, delivering a number of tools, techniques and theories of conflict management, which the participants can acquire through hands-on situations and exercises. This turns conflict management into an efficient tool that facilitates satisfaction and strengthens the capacity to cooperate.
- identify exactly what a conflict is, why it emerges, and how to turn it to an advantage
- determine the level of conflict and to stop aggravation
- apply the appropriate conflict management style
- apply conflict management techniques before, during and after the problem-solving discussion
- sacrifice less time and effort in conflicts, and build more productive relationships with their colleagues
- types of conflicts
- handling prejudice and preconceptions
- conflict resolution styles (Thomas-Kilmann model)
- using assertiveness to resolve conflicts
- problem solving discussions
- specific situational exercises