Facilitation seems to be an easy task at first sight, but if you have tried it even once, you know being average is easy; being great is a big challenge. The course helps you fine-tune the existing skills regarding tools like SWOT or brainstorming, and also trains in the newest methods on problem-solving, creativity, change management and analyses. Professional facilitation skills are important not only for those who are delivering and moderating workshops, group works and trainings, but to all of those Managers who from time to time want to get out creative ideas from their group to find the root causes of problems they are facing, or use these skills when managing significant changes in the company.
THE COURSE MAKES PARTICIPANTS SKILLED AND SELFCONFIDENT in facilitating different group work in many topics. The first part of the program focuses on the general rules of facilitation, providing deep knowledge on high level. The next part teaches wide a range of methods and techniques that can be used on their own, or as part of a complex problem solving project. We believe that only a deep understanding of techniques and a wide tool-portfolio will make someone self-confident enough to be able to deliver successful workshops in different situations. The practicing of the tools and techniques flashes on the important details of certain method. The course can be highly tailor-made to the particular client‘s needs, choosing only those techniques from the Develor 24 tool-set which will be adequate for the company.
By the end of the program participant will be able: to deliver any type of workshops or group work in an efficient and professional way which will provide tangible results for the group.
- What is facilitation and what is not, what is the role of the facilitator
- The techniques of opening, defining norms and contracting with the group
- Art of powerful questioning
- Prioritization tools
- Analytical methods
- Creative brainstorming techniques
- Large Group methods (World Café, Open Space Technology)
- Change Management methods
- Practicing all techniques learned in company-specific topics
- Using templates for the techniques
- Handling emotions, conflicts and difficult participants
- The importance and ways of Actionplanning, commitment building
- "We have been collaborating with Develor on the continuing education of employees within the Business Unit Oncology since 2008. We started with an Insights project for managers, followed by all employees in the office and finally the whole sales team (2009). Our mutual collaboration continued with members of the sales team in 2010 in “Negotiating with difficult clients” followed by the screening of communication channels, habits and inter-team cooperation called “Team Sociomapping” in 2011 (all were included who come into mutual contact, including the office staff). Throughout the time of our collaboration Develor has been a very responsive company both in the organisation and implementing of training. Our team is very diverse, including people of various ages, experience, education, personality and having behind them a range of different types of training in their professional careers. The Develor trainers were and are able to adapt to this diversely composed team and can capture, integrate and maintain their interest. The last-mentioned project, Team Sociomapping, showed us another viewpoint of the situation in individual teams, inter-team cooperation and the level of communication between people positioned outside the firmly created teams. We were very satisfied with the training and it captivated us so much that next year we would like to undertake this training once more so that we are able to assess the progress of individual teams and at the same time the Business Unit Oncology as a whole one year on."
- “Our Intercultural training course was developed by the experts of Develor as our cooperation partner within the frame of our development program in English language. By the development of this training, an idea we had envisioned for long came true. Professionalism, credibility and effectiveness. These qualities feature the work of Develor. Professionalism - because they provided an up-to-date, high level and customized knowledge transfer with fully responding to our specific needs. Credibility – because they formed the attitude and approach of the participants involving them in an interactive way based on real life examples and personal trainer’s experiences. Effectiveness – because our colleagues beyond being highly happy and contented with the training course, they got enriched by tools and methods that when applying them they could achieve measurable results in their work. Therefore, we believe to have further opportunities for future cooperation with the dynamic, cheerful and devoted team of Develor.”
- "On the basis of our now two-year long relationship with Develor, I would describe the company using the following two attributes: professionalism and partnership. Professionalism: well-prepared and credible trainers offering excellent support in arranging various events. Partnership: Joint cooperation in specifying the necessary steps to be taken."
- "In 2008 in cooperation with Develor, we have designed and carried out a training program targeting the managers of our buying department. The program was aiming at development of the interpersonal effectiveness and negotiation skills of the managers. The concept of the Insights development system enabled us to focus effectively on our pragmatic training activities supporting and developing skills and abilities of the participants while respecting and reacting on their personal characteristics. Professional pro-client orientation and qualified trainer having the expertise from FMCG sector were the next attributes that lead to our satisfaction and success of the training program. Thank you and we are looking forward to our coming cooperation."
- "Prvá stavebná sporiteľňa has already cooperated with Develor on several development subjects. Again and again, we are getting convinced of their professional approach focusing not only on presentation of the given subject in trainings. We appreciate inspirational communication while preparing the trainings, delivery of the trainings, but also subsequent outputs and recommendations for the next steps to be taken.In 2009 and 2010 we cooperated with Develor on training of our managerial staff to be ready for the assessor’s role in the framework of MbO launching in our company. We appreciate a lot the cooperation with Mrs Kinga Novotná and the trainer Mrs Martina Georgievová in the preparation of the trainings. During the first stage, they helped us to train the managers for 'MbO goal setting' for the team as well as for the individuals. In the trainings, Mrs Georgievová managed to make participants understand the principle of 'goal cascading' as well as to learn it using examples of their own practice. In the subsequent workshop, the trainer took the role of the host, helping the future assessors to discuss main issues, to answer individual questions and to unify different opinions and approaches. In the next training held just before MbO assessment interviews, Mrs Georgievová was practicing with the managers not only the preparation and realisation of the assessment interviews, but also speaking about respective stumbling blocks waiting for the assessors. After carrying out the assessment process in the company, Kinga Novotná and Martina Georgievová helped us to implement and to evaluate the MbO assessment process using a questionnaire for the assessors as well as for the assessed employees. Their tips, comments and survey outputs helped us to carry out changes that were subsequently implemented in our assessment system.We appreciate Develor’s complex approach and seeing the things through to the end, their effort to evaluate the effectiveness of the cooperation being also commendable."
- "...In the fall of 2009 the people turnover reached 25% within a half a year, also several key people had left the company, this has caused significant problems for us. This situation had almost affected the operability of the company. At this point we made a decision to start a Talent management and Key Employee Retention program. The project started out with workshops and consulting work involving the full management... I considered the measurability and return of the program to be very important. We set concrete objectives at the very beginning and we measured the extent of their achievement. We expected Develor to make significant changes in the KPI's we set. They were to bring down the volume of people turnover, which was 25 % in the second half of 2009 to below 10%, and to improve the internal Employee satisfaction index that was on 48%. The results of projects showed very fast. In the first half of 2010 the people turnover became 5%, and at the Employee satisfaction survey we moved up to the first place from the very last on an international level with a 76 % result. All this happened within a half year after the launching of the project. Based on these tangible results we continued the collaboration which still in live."