Eastern Principles meet Western Psychology
Is leadership simply a set of techniques, or is it something that springs from within each leader? What is the source of leadership, and how can we connect to it? This program, uniting principles from the Japanese arts of Aikido and Kaizen and Western models such as Emotional Intelligence and Positive Psychology, is designed for leaders who wish to access a deeper dimension to their leadership. The event will generate many insights, helping you to find strengths and energy you never knew you had, which you can apply to create maximum positive effects using minimal actions, whether in your own performance or that of your team.
OUR NEW LEADERSHIP EFFECTIVENESS SOLUTION is designed to connect you with the inner source of your leadership and discover new sources of energy in both yourself and your relationships with new ways to manage your energy and energize and motivate others. The training will also give you a powerful set of practical tools to apply its insights in your daily life and leadership.
AIKIDO LEADERSHIP incorporates insights and principles from Aikido, Kaisen, Positive Psychology (the psychology of growth) and Emotional Intelligence into our leadership of self and others. During the program leaders are guided through an in-depth and exhilarating exploration of these fields enabling them to examine their effectiveness in each of these diverse areas. Through a combination of facilitated dialogue and safe, gentle solo and paired exercises based on Aikido movements, leaders will have an opportunity to explore new ways of acting, speaking, listening, and relating to others with increased balance, grace, and effectiveness in everyday situations. In order to bring this new knowledge into the workplace, the principles behind the physical Aikido movements are matched with cutting-edge models in Western psychology to enable leaders to develop proven strategies for continuous and profound personal development.
By the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Connect to the core of their motivation and leadership.
- Find new energy and balance.
- Lead others in ways that are energizing, creative and facilitate growth. Prerequisites None
Potential follow-up courses
- Aikido Leadership individual coaching Positive Leadership training
- Motivation 3.0 – The inner power
- EQ – Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Coaching
- "Our relationship with Develor began 3.5 years ago. They have provided us with high quality, customer-oriented service ever since. This not only refers to their classical “soft” skill training courses, but also to “combined profile” programs such as their workshops based on economization. Following the training, the decrease of our inventory was noticeable even in terms of hard numbers. And this positive effect was lasting."
- "...In the fall of 2009 the people turnover reached 25% within a half a year, also several key people had left the company, this has caused significant problems for us. This situation had almost affected the operability of the company. At this point we made a decision to start a Talent management and Key Employee Retention program. The project started out with workshops and consulting work involving the full management... I considered the measurability and return of the program to be very important. We set concrete objectives at the very beginning and we measured the extent of their achievement. We expected Develor to make significant changes in the KPI's we set. They were to bring down the volume of people turnover, which was 25 % in the second half of 2009 to below 10%, and to improve the internal Employee satisfaction index that was on 48%. The results of projects showed very fast. In the first half of 2010 the people turnover became 5%, and at the Employee satisfaction survey we moved up to the first place from the very last on an international level with a 76 % result. All this happened within a half year after the launching of the project. Based on these tangible results we continued the collaboration which still in live."
- “We have been cooperating with Develor in various areas of development over an extended period of time, be it the standard regular trainings for new hires , tailor-made development program for supervisors and trainers of our customer service center or the Insights program series adjusted to meet the specific needs of our wholesale account managers. I appreciate flexibility of the whole team when delivering consulting and training services but mainly the trainer’s experience from the real business world. The company is not afraid of entering new areas of development and is well adaptable towards conditions at the customer’s company. And last but not least… it is clear the training preparation is not just work but also fun for the trainers.”
- "We have been working together with Develor on a Leadership Academy since 2009. Since we evaluated the first program as a success and a good investment into our business, we have started with a second group of leaders in 2011. When we were looking for a partner three years ago to help us to improve the leadership capability in our business, it was important for us to find an organization that is able to - delivery high quality programs across our major markets - work together with us in a flexible in business oriented manner that we achieve real competency rather than just deliver a training program - ensure that the content of the program and the way it is delivered provides tailored solution in line with our company culture and processes - apply and compare different tools and methods - 360 degree tools before and after, online and face-to-face tools, modular program structure, coaching, leader interviews, etc. to achieve maximum effectiveness ... We are happy to work together with Develor since they fully satisfy the above criteria, and equally or even more important they proved to be an ethical business partner, seeking for a long term trusted relationship with its customers."
- "We selected Develor as our supplier to develop retail sales standards, training and mystery shopping for our stores. I appreciate that Develor really took time to listen to our needs and developed tailor-made programs for our company. Also, all trainers were proffesionals with substantial experience in sales. What I value most on our co-operation with Develor is that after the project had finished, Develor helped us to develop in-house trainers through the series of TTTs and handed over to us custom made training materials. Thanks to this, we are currenlty able to satisfy 90% of our training needs ourselves. ... Well, let the results speak – after 2-year long co-operation with Develor our company scored number 1 position in customer care and sales skills in an independent study of sports goods retailers in the Czech Republic when we beated many internationally recognised brands."
- "At the beginning of 2011 the already running leadership developmental program has come to a new station. By top managerial expectation and HR plans, the continuation of the training program could only be carried on if it was based on a thorough and professional diagnostics. It was the middle management of the company that was at the focal point of this diagnostics and training program: Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Managers, in total 53 people. According to the diagnostic results and of the individual consultations, we have experienced professional implementation in both quality and quantity from the consultants of Develor. Our special needs and requests were incorporated into the processes, and it is safe to state that we received meaningful, useful and tangible information. The consultants from Develor have been customer oriented, flexible, and have maximally taken into account our requirements and expectation throughout developing the questionnaires, in the delivery phase and in the evaluation as well."