Eastern Principles meet Western Psychology
Is leadership simply a set of techniques, or is it something that springs from within each leader? What is the source of leadership, and how can we connect to it? This program, uniting principles from the Japanese arts of Aikido and Kaizen and Western models such as Emotional Intelligence and Positive Psychology, is designed for leaders who wish to access a deeper dimension to their leadership. The event will generate many insights, helping you to find strengths and energy you never knew you had, which you can apply to create maximum positive effects using minimal actions, whether in your own performance or that of your team.
OUR NEW LEADERSHIP EFFECTIVENESS SOLUTION is designed to connect you with the inner source of your leadership and discover new sources of energy in both yourself and your relationships with new ways to manage your energy and energize and motivate others. The training will also give you a powerful set of practical tools to apply its insights in your daily life and leadership.
AIKIDO LEADERSHIP incorporates insights and principles from Aikido, Kaisen, Positive Psychology (the psychology of growth) and Emotional Intelligence into our leadership of self and others. During the program leaders are guided through an in-depth and exhilarating exploration of these fields enabling them to examine their effectiveness in each of these diverse areas. Through a combination of facilitated dialogue and safe, gentle solo and paired exercises based on Aikido movements, leaders will have an opportunity to explore new ways of acting, speaking, listening, and relating to others with increased balance, grace, and effectiveness in everyday situations. In order to bring this new knowledge into the workplace, the principles behind the physical Aikido movements are matched with cutting-edge models in Western psychology to enable leaders to develop proven strategies for continuous and profound personal development.
By the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Connect to the core of their motivation and leadership.
- Find new energy and balance.
- Lead others in ways that are energizing, creative and facilitate growth. Prerequisites None
Potential follow-up courses
- Aikido Leadership individual coaching Positive Leadership training
- Motivation 3.0 – The inner power
- EQ – Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Coaching
- "We have been working with the Develor company since 2010. The aim of establishing mutual co-operation was to give significant support to Confal’s operational responsiveness, by, among other things, changing the system of employee performance motivation. As part of the project’s realization Develor trainers and consultants primarily focused on redesigning the reward system, changes in organizational structure, which also took in altering competences and job responsibilities, and proposed new standards in project management. With regard to the implementation of these changes, it was necessary to illustratively gauge what effect the project has on the running of the firm, particularly in the area of teamwork. Develor consultants proposed Team sociomapping, which uses an attractive map, as an effective gauge for individuals from team management to interpret, with the help of consultants, the team’s unity, frequency and quality of communication and existing mutual interaction. A deeper analysis of the map allowed for the subsequent evaluation of the effect of the realized changes during the duration of the project and, moreover, to identify areas for necessary further changes and improvement. All participants accepted the results and the team sociomapping itself positively and openly. Many things which until then we had not been able to define nor initiate mutual exchanges of opinions upon, we could constructively discuss thanks to our team’s illustrative maps. We consider the selected method to be very good and in the future plan to undertake such sociomapping again."
- "Fortuna (betting shop company) started the cooperation with Develor in 2006 when we needed to prepare a program adapted to our betting sales specifics. Develor’s offer was the best and on the basis of preliminary analysis and Mystery Shoppings they prepared interesting Sales skills development program for our retail front line employees. Many participants participated in such training for the first time and they evaluated very positively not only the professional part and training methods but also the personalities of selected trainers. During the realization that lasted almost one year there was created very friendly and open atmosphere between Develor and Fortuna Management which benefited to further cooperation on the project for Regional Managers realized in 2008 focused on managerial competencies development and coaching of first line managers. The best appreciation for Develor was that we invited them to realize these programs in our companies in Slovakia, Poland and Croatia. In 2008 they realized Sal
- „Develor Bulgaria delivered a training with subject ’Successful Project Managers’ on the 9th and 10th of November 2010 for employees who are project managers besides their jobs as engineers. They have also realized a series of projects for communication skills for introducting employees at the end of year 2008… The training put accent on practical exercise and finished with feedbacks from participants whose satisfaction with the training was very high. There was homework in the form of a questionnaire in which they had the chance to recollect and assimilate fundamental moments from the training. Within the first week after the training we have observed participants applying concrete elements from the training in everyday work. We consider that the training was helpful and plan to upgrade on this base with training after 6 to 8 months.”
- "Our relationship with Develor began 3.5 years ago. They have provided us with high quality, customer-oriented service ever since. This not only refers to their classical “soft” skill training courses, but also to “combined profile” programs such as their workshops based on economization. Following the training, the decrease of our inventory was noticeable even in terms of hard numbers. And this positive effect was lasting."
- "Develor has been of great help to us, especially in terms of skills development. They understand our needs and expectations. They always know what, when and how. We have always received the same high quality service from them: reliability, speed, flexibility. Anything is possible with Develor."
- "This year we have started our cooperation with Develor on our company’s program aimed at improvement of managerial skills of our shift leaders in production via Mastershift Academy. The role of the shift leaders for our company is crucial. It depends on their motivation and their level of identification with company’s aims whether we will have enough satisfied and stabilized employees in production who will help us to fulfill our development goals. The shift leaders had very positively evaluated the development program, therefore we decided to offer similar type of education to their superiors – production line managers. And once again, we request the services of Develor, since we have been highly satisfied with their pro-active approach and ability to design the program in a way that it reflects the environment of our production company. We also appreciate the professional performance of the trainer and his interest to create a space for discussion of managers on various levels of management."